Auckland - Tongariro National Park - Wellington - Nelson - Christchurch - Twizel - Queenstown - Te Anau - Queenstown:
Peter Jackson will be releasing the 3rd and last of the "Hobbit" trilogies in December 2014. Sir Peter and his team has used some fantastic locations in the South Island for Filming.What awesome adventures we have to look forward to!
Two island Lord of the Rings Hobbit Tour New Zealand built around, for and by fans of The Lord of the Rings' movies and the upcoming feature, "The Hobbit". You will come to New Zealand as strangers to a distant land and part as a fellowship of companions who have shared a unique experience, exploring the length and breadth of the country that has become "Middle Earth".
- The Shire, Hobbiton movie set.
- Hobbit waterfall site and rapids.
- Mt Doom / Mordor / Gollum’s Fishing Pool
- Special Weta Workshop activity
- Lining the Red Carpet at the Hobbit Premiere
- Invitation included (ticket) to a Costume Party, with special guests (to be confirmed).
- Wellington (North Island) to Picton (South Island) Inter Island Ferry crossing.
- Dwarves in Barrels site
- workshop and display with The One Ring Maker
- WOW Wearable Arts Gallery
- Middle Earth Wines
- LOTR – Hobbit film sites
- Kaikoura - Fur Seal pup colony
- Pelennor Fields
- Orc funeral pyre
- calling up shadowfax
- Amon Hen – the breaking of the fellowship
- Various LOTR optional extra activites; examples:
- Dart Stables: ‘Ride of the Rings’
- Nomad safaris: 4WD LOTR Tours
- Helicopter: ‘To the Ford of the Bruinen’ and Dimrill Dale and many more!
Inclusions to be confirmed
This tour is no longer active.